Thursday, August 11, 2011

The beginning of the end

Today is monumental and bittersweet.  My one and only daughter, Lindsey, started her first day of her senior year of high school.  Is this the beginning or the end?  Should I be happy or sad?  Do I sit back and watch or do I try to insert myself in all that I can?  Do I cry or laugh?  Obviously, I am not sure how to handle this upcoming year of my life! 

I volunteered at Bixby High School this morning and handed out schedules to the students.  Lindsey also volunteered as Student Council President and helped with the students.  We drove to school in separate cars, but parked beside each other.  As we walked in together, I looked at her and said "Are you embarrassed that I am walking you into the school on your first day of your senior year?".  She looked me in the eye and said "No, but 2 years ago I would have been mad!".  I secretly melted inside and knowing that she loves me.  Next year this time, we will be moving her into her dorm room.  Thankfully, just for today, she was still my little girl and let me walk her into the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment